Friday, March 20, 2009

Tasca - My mothers birthday foodventure 1/30/09

108 W 3rd St
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(323) 951-9890
www.tascawinebar.com

Took my parents here for my mothers birthday. My home base for tapas usually is cobras and matadors, but it was time to try something new.

I never thought I would be a person to take pictures of my food now.

What we had:





















Cold ginger cream soup:
It is what it's named. It reminds me of a potato gazpacho, it's sweet but not overpowering sweet with more than a hint of ginger.
tuna tartare with black truffle and taro chips
Sushi grade tuna, mashed up shaped up. Like ceviche without the tang of citrus, very very good its one of their signature dishes.
Salted cod & potato puree
This kinda suprised me, I was expecting a bacalao type dish with an actual fish, but it was a crocetta, it was interesting, very flavorful on the cod end. A little bland on the puree finish
Sauteed Shrimp in Garlic sauce
You can NOT go wrong with this I love garlic and it was great. I kept asking the bussers to leave the saucepan so we can dip our bread in the shrimp garlic leavins.
4 Kinds of cauliflower in a truffle cream sauce
This was ok, could've used a tad bit more salt in the cream sauce though.
The desserts we had were: tart tatin with apples and, vanilla ice cream.

Nothing really to write home about but it was good.

Overall it was a good experience, food was great, the service awesome, very patient esp when they're explaining the dishes to my parents. Highly recommended

give me a break its my first post, ill format the html right later!

No comments:

Post a Comment